The graduate of the degree program in gastronomy will develop the following knowledge, abilities and attitudes.
- Acquire culinary knowledge that permits them to prepare any recipe for food and beverage placing them in the proper cultural context.
- Developing the knowledge in the handling and design of food and beverage service with a high quality and hygiene, mainly for Mexico and other social cultural and economic contexts internationally.
- Organizing and managing gastronomical departments in tourism health or industrial businesses.
- Apply the accounting and financial knowledge to the culinary sphere which will allow them to direct culinary services toward the obtention of sufficient economic resources, for the growth of businesses in general and of gastronomy services in particular.
- Organize the human resources which allow them to manage teams with the personnel working in the branch.
- Acquire knowledge of history and culture, mainly national, but also considering the international sphere which permit them to promote the Gastronomy sector.
- Develop applied research to gastronomy and enology which allow them to explore culinary roots and express original ideas with a creative sense.
- Developing abilities and skills necessary for food preparation.
- Acquiring abilities applied in the seasoning and presentation of food and beverages.
- Leading groups in participating in multidisciplinary teams to achieve organizational objectives.
- Establish strategies to generate sources of employment within the gastronomic sector .
- Develop strategies for analysis and reflection.
- Develop abilities for the research of gastronomy information.
- Develop in an atmosphere of creativity in the gastronomy sector in general.
- Manifesting an attitude of service.
- Showing an open critical and responsible attitude in their work so as to identify and distinguish the Gastronomical sector in a social cultural context which allows them to participate in the development of the nation .
- Developing a professional attitude towards their work .
- Show a permanent interest in research development and diffusion of gastronomic creation.
- Be analytical and reflexive in the face of conflict situations before issuing an opinion on the facts presented.
- Professional commitment which identifies with the organizational objectives and offering their best effort towards their attainment.
- Give respect and observance to ethical canons. Applying professional ethics is the norm which regulates the performance of the graduates of the institution and make them prevail over any circumstances.
- Of permanent learning, remarking the importance of updates, and incorporation of knowledge published in books and articles of recent creation, towards their professional development
Last Updated on Friday, 15 July 2011 06:46